9 Super Cute Valentine Dates for 2020
All you need is love. But a little bit of chocolate every now and then doesn’t hurt.Charles M Schulz
February. The month of love. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I thought I would devote the blog this week to everything about love. Today will kick off 9 super cute Valentine Dates for 2020. Now these are dates for those young couples just starting out or those like me who have been married for 25 years and love love love my hubby.
9 Super Cute Valentine Dates
- Take an art class. Do you know those wine and paint classes? They have them everywhere now. It is not expensive. You get wine. And it is fun. Paisley Grace Makery DIY is local and I am seriously thinking about convincing my DH to do this with me. Painting with a Twist is another one. They have locations all over and even offer several specials for the month of February.
- Go to an escape room? What better way to show your love then to escape together! Escape rooms are like giant puzzles. You are locked in the room with clues and have to find your way out. Here are some of the top-rated Escape rooms in Jacksonville and surrounding areas.
- Couples massage. This is a classic. What better way to unwind then an intimate couples massage. This is personally on the top of my list. If you check out their website you will see why. Seventh Wonder Holistic Spa was rated the best spa in 2016. They are taking reservations now for couple massages.
- Work-out together. Take a yoga class or pilates. Or spend an hour at your home gym together. Here is a great Yoga class to do at home. Working out doesn’t sound much like a date but it is time together. A class is really great for those couples who have been married for a while with maybe small kids. This makes them take time together without the distractions of little ones but does not commit them to an entire night away.
- Do a wine crawl. Or a bar crawl. Let me explain. Find an area in your city that is the bar district. Take an Uber or Lyft (be responsible) and bar crawl. Work your way through several bars trying new wines, cocktails, and appetizers. There is a great historic district where I live that features about 25 bars and restaurants. You can always find live music, a dance floor, and interesting cocktails.
- Horseback riding. This is great for those young new couples. Or those first date couples. You are usually with a guide so if it is the first date it does take some of that awkwardness away.
- Make a time capsule. Make a time capsule together to open next year, or several years from now. Include notes to each other, recent photos, etc. Get creative.
- Take-out and TV. Want to stay in? Go get the best take out ever and find a TV series you can binge-watch on TV together.
- Fill the day. Fill the day with just fun random activities. Start with breakfast at your favorite little spot. Maybe hit up a few markets or antique shops. Go get pedicures together. Lunch and drinks at a new place. Drive out to the beach and watch the sunset. Just spend the entire day together. Enjoy each other.
Celebrate your love one way or another. Whether it is a fun date, a night in, cards, giant heart-shaped boxes full of chocolate, let your significant other know that you love him or her. I used to think Valentine’s Day was corny and commercialized. After 25 years of marriage, with several ups and downs, I realize that every now and then you have to take that extra special moment to make sure that your person knows how you feel. Check out some of my other blog posts on marriage as well. I may know a thing or two…
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and maybe will find one of these 9 ideas a great fit for you. Please comment below your ideas for Valentines Day. XOXO