20 Questions to achieve Relationship Goals
Relationship Goals. We have seen it as a hashtag everywhere, right? A picture of a cute couple, under the stars, blah blah blah, #relationshipgoals!
I’m sold! I want in! Actually, I have been married for almost 25 years. And sometimes you just don’t feel all “relationship goal” status. Unfortunately, that is when you see couples drift apart because they did not try hard enough or they compare themselves to other relationships.
I recently did a blog on tips for a successful marriage. I will go on the stand and be the first to say, no marriage is perfect but giving up is not the answer when you love someone.
So today we are going to talk about questions you can ask your spouse to achieve a deeper connection. See, when you have been married for a while, have kids, being all adult-ish, life sometimes takes over. You change. Your spouse changes. Now is the time to get to know each other again.
So I have put together a list of questions to ask your significant other. Dear hubby if you are reading my blog today, then be prepared for 20 questions! I know it might sound corny, however, what better way to reconnect then to go on a date, play 20 questions and have fun. Or you can just continue on doing the same thing and miss out!
- What is one thing that makes you feel alive?
- If you could write a letter to your 18 year old self, what would it say?
- If you could pick one year of life to do over again, which would it be and why?
- What is your favorite memory as a child?
- What is your favorite memory of us?
- What is one behavior you can not tolerate?
- What is something you want to do but have not?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- What are 3 things on your bucket list?
- Do you have any habits you want to change?
- Are there any habits you want ME to change?
- What is one secret you have never told me?
- What is something embarrassing you have done or have had happened to you?
- What do you want to accomplish in the next 5 years?
- Where do you want to retire?
- Who do you miss the most and why?
- Are you where you thought you would be in life?
- Where is your favorite place?
- What is something that scares you? Physical or emotional?
- Why do you love me?
So pick a place or a date and play 20 questions. Here are some date ideas. Some of the questions are fun, some are pretty deep. But that is the point. As I am writing these questions I realize I do not know some of the answers for my husband. So what better way to reach relationship goals than to reconnect!